2011 MEMBERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
In February we were pleased to welcome Airline Financial Credit Union as our newest Member. We were also delighted to announce that Heritage Credit Union, who made the decision to leave the Network in January, reconnected with us in November. Welcome back!
Membership renewals continued throughout the year, with National Bank of Canada, Alterna Savings Credit Union, Alterna Bank, Compensation Employees Credit Union and all Atlantic Credit Unions extending their membership in THE EXCHANGE® Network.
Mergers have been abundant. In Ontario, Community Savings Credit Union merged with Sudbury Credit Union, Cataract Credit Union merged with Penfinancial Credit Union, Prime Financial Savings & Credit Union merged with FirstOntario Credit Union, Food Family Credit Union merged with Luminous Financial Services and Virtual One Credit Union merged with DUCA Financial Services; while in Newfoundland Horizon Credit Union merged with EasternEdge Credit Union; in Nova Scotia, Heritage Credit Union merged with East Coast Credit Union. Additionally, Starnews Credit Union changed their name to Luminus Financial Services & Credit Union and London Civic Employee’s Credit Union became boomerang Credit Union. Congratulations to all!
New additions to the ACCEL® POS Network included Airline Financial Credit Union, Island Savings Credit Union and Osoyoos Credit Union.
All of these changes serve to strengthen our network and we anticipate much more growth and change in 2012.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING CAMPAIGN UPDATE
It’s been just over 2 months since FICANEX Services rolled out our social media marketing campaign aimed to educate, inform and excite Canadians coast to coast and we are pleased to say the best kept secret is finally out!
We sent out an e-Memo (2011-029) with a full update on our campaign but wanted to share some highlights with you:
- We have over 2,500 Facebook “Likes” a total which is growing rapidly every day. We have already surpassed our 6-month goal in just over 2 months.
- We have over 70 Twitter “Followers” and this too is growing daily. We have surpassed our 3-month goal and are coming close to our 6-month goal.
- Over 11,000 people have downloaded our ATM locator apps
- All of our campaign collateral, posters in various sizes, statement stuffers, audio files and digital files, are available to you, free of charge on our website. You just download what you need.
At FICANEX Services we are doing our part to enlighten your members/customers on the unique value that THE EXCHANGE® ATM network provides to them, but we can’t do it alone! We thank those of you who have jumped on board and displayed the campaign material in your branches and on-line as well as used the audio files in your telephone systems and local radio stations. If you haven’t done so yet, here’s how you can show your support:
- LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook & Twitter
- Allow us to post our announcements on your Facebook wall and Twitter
- Reinforce a consistent message to your cardholders:
- Take advantage of our free marketing collateral located in the FI area of our web site, advertise in-branch and on-line
- Use our radio ads on your in-branch telephone system or your local radio stations
- Educate staff on the value of THE EXCHANGE® network and our latest marketing effort
- Ensure your members/customers are using THE EXCHANGE® branded ATM locator apps
|Healthcare & Municipal
And that’s not all! Our radio ads are currently playing at the following Universities coast to coast:
- University of Toronto
- York University in Toronto, Ontario
- University of Western Ontario
- Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario
- McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario
- University of Victoria
- Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
And as part of our radio ad sponsorship with York University we were on site at their Student Connect event in November – a rally attended by thousands of students. We will be back at York University again in February 2012!
Michael Barr represented FICANEX Services at the League Data/CUSA conference held in Halifax in September and the Central1 Fall Conference held in Toronto in November. While at the conferences he had the opportunity to speak with many Members face to face. The FICANEX Services Paparazzi was able to capture a few of them:
|Paul Emile LeBlanc,General Manager
Caisse Populaire de Clare League Data/CUSA conference attendee
|Brian Di Paolo,IT Manager
PenFinancial Credit Union League Data/CUSA conference attendee
Southwest Regional Credit Union
ATM PARTNER PROGRAM SUCCESS STORY
G&F Financial Group located in Burnaby, British Columbia has won a proposal to the City of Burnaby using the ATM Partner Program. They intend to implement ATMs in three locations (City Hall, Shadbolt Centre for the Arts and Bonsor Recreation Centre) – all aimed at increasing customer service. “The credit union was the only financial institution among the five responses city hall received to a request for proposals, which included a request for revenue sharing opportunities.“ reported the Burnaby NewsLeader October 20th, 2011.
Congratulations G&F Financial Group – you recognized the potential in the ATM Partner Program to promote your brand and gain new business.
The ATM Partner Program is a joint initiative between FICANEX Services and Threshold Financial Technologies Inc. and is available to all Members of THE EXCHANGE® network. Its aim is to increase your Financial Institution’s brand awareness by developing an off-premise ATM network – all with no capitalization, maintenance or management of the program ATMs.
For further information on this program please contact Michael Barr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-864-5992 or Linda Matheson at email@example.com, 604-455-0732.
DID YOU KNOW?
As a FICANEX Services Member you have the ability to offer Point of Sale services to your cardholders in the United States through the ACCEL® network. With over 1.9 million merchant locations in the United States, the ACCEL® network provides optimum convenience to your cardholders shopping in the USA. For more information please contact Michael Barr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-864-5992.